Table of contents
- Create new project
- Add publish destinations
- Connect your video source to Castr
- Get streaming key and RTMP pull
- Chat overlay
Create new project
1. Log in to your Castr account
2. If you don’t have any multistream projects created, click Create New > New Multistream
(Note: If you’re using the 7-day trial period, an activation pop-up will appear > click Activate Trial)
3. Give your stream a name
4. Choose the closest ingest location.
For example, if you’re located in Brazil, then choose South America. If you’re located in Chicago, then choose US East
5. Click Save. You’ll be directed to the multistream dashboard.
Add publish destinations
1. In your multistream dashboard, click Add Platform
2. Choose your preference from the list.
Note: Don’t see your destination? Click the Custom option
3. Click Save
To add another multistream platform, repeat these steps.
List of supported publish destinations (to be updated):
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Events
- Nimo TV
- Switchboard Live
- VK Live
- Picarto TV
- Web TV
- Vaughn Live
- Breakers TV
- Vapers TV
- Medirix Live Sports
- LiveEdu TV
Connect your video source to Castr
Connect your video source to Castr with 2 options:
- Publish: Stream directly from your hardware/software encoder to Castr through RTMP and SRT entry points. To start, paste the RTMP URL and Streaming Key or the SRT URL to your encoder.
- Pull: Castr can pull HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-TS streams from other sources. Paste the URL in Pull mode and your stream will appear in Castr.
Get RTMP Pull of your Multistream
Castr provides RTMP Pull link if you need to use Castr as a live video source. Simply click Get RTMP Pull to have the URL saved to your clipboard.
Please note that Castr does not allow embedding RTMP Pull links in public players.
You can sync chat messages from one or multiple platforms to Castr while multistreaming.
To use the chat overlay with Facebook Page, YouTube, and Twitch, you must add the platforms using API (login method) and not the custom RTMP method.
1. Connect the platforms you are multistreaming to, and toggle them ON
2. Go to CHAT OVERLAY
3. Click Generate Chat URL
4. Copy the URL to the browser plugin of your encoding software, or click Open Chat App to open a new chat browser.
- Chat Overlay only works on Facebook Page, YouTube, Twitch streams, and not Facebook Timeline.