How to connect OBS to Castr?
Follow the below steps to connect OBS to Castr:
- Open OBS
- Go to OBS Settings Menu
- Choose the Stream Section
- Choose Stream Type - Streaming Services
- Enable "Show All services" checkbox
- From the service dropdown, choose Castr.io
- Choose the Server Location
- Paste your stream key and click OK.
- You can close the settings page and you are good to go live.
Are you streaming to YouTube and Facebook? Does the stream seem laggy or are you getting an error like “Not enough data being sent”. Or “multiples of data being sent”? If yes, then you’re running into an easily fixable issue. Here we’ll learn about the standard settings for OBS to maintain smooth streaming.
- On OBS, open your settings menu and choose Output option in the left sidebar
- And change the Output Mode to "Advanced"
- Refer the image below and make the necessary changes
Make sure to set the following:
- Encoder is x264
- Rate control set to CBR
- Keyframe is set to 2
- Then any audio tracks you have set to a 128 bitrate
Bitrates and resolutions
You can change resolutions and frame rates on the video section of the settings menu.
Base resolutions are the native resolution which is captured by OBS when you use your desktop as the video source. It’s suggested that you set your output resolution to the standard 16:9 settings. Like 1920x1080, 1280x720, and 854x480.
Each resolution with a specific fps limit requires different bitrates. The setting is found back on the same menu as the other settings.
a) 30fps = 2500 – 4000
b) 60fps = 3500 – 5000
a) 30fps = 3500 – 5000
b) 60fps = 5000 – 6500
Some users may experience issues with FHD 1080p streaming. In these cases we suggest reverting back to the 720p settings.
If you are still facing issues, then contact us via live chat.