Configuring SlingStudio With Castr RTMP Entry Points
You can start streaming to Castr from SlingStudio by following the below steps.
- Open SlingStudio Console
- Go to Project Settings, go to Select a Destination (iPad) or SET DESTINATION (Mac), and then choose Custom RTMP.
- Click Add New RTMP (iPad) or Add a new custom RTMP (Mac).
- In the New Custom RTMP window, type a title for your RTMP Destination. (For eg: Castr)
- Copy the server URL and Stream key which you got from Castr.
You will get the RTMP details after you create a Simulcast / Live Stream in Castr Dashboard.
GET RTMP Details for Simulcast Stream - https://docs.castr.io/getting-started/get-rtmp-details-for-castr-simulcast-stream
GET RTMP Details For Live Stream - https://docs.castr.io/getting-started/get-castr-live-stream-rtmp-ingest-configuration
Note: Please make sure there is no empty spaces added to the end of the stream name and stream key when you paste the config from Castr. If there is any empty spaces added then please delete it or else you will get error when you start streaming from SlingStudio.
- When you're done entering settings, click SET DESTINATION.
- In the SlingStudio Project Settings box, click SAVE (iPad) or APPLY (Mac).
- In SlingStudio Console, be sure that you have video in the Program window.
- With an iPad, begin the stream by tapping GO LIVE on the left edge of the Console window. For a Mac, start streaming by clicking LIVE from the upper-right corner of the Console.
- In the box that appears, click GO LIVE.
- Your stream will appear in Castr Stream Dashboard.
If you have any questions or if you need assistance then contact us and we will be happy to help you out.