Note: Chat Overlay only works on Facebook Page, YouTube and Twitch streams. Make sure you’re logged in to one or more of these accounts to connect with Castr.
Table of contents
- Create new project
- Add publish destinations
- Connect your video source to Castr
- Get streaming key and RTMP pull
- Chat overlay
Create new project
1. Log in to your Castr account
2. If you don’t have any multistream projects created, click Add Stream > New Simulcast
(Note: If you’re using the 7-day trial period, an activation pop-up will appear > click Activate Trial)
3. Give your stream a name
4. Choose the closest ingest location.
For example, if you’re located in Brazil, then choose South America. If you’re located in Chicago, then choose US East
5. Click Save. You’ll be directed to the multistream dashboard.
Add publish destinations
1. In your multistream dashboard, click Add Publish Platform
2. Choose your preference from the list.
Note: Don’t see your destination? Click the Custom option
3. Click Save
To add another multistream platform, repeat these steps.
Connect your video source to Castr
Connect your video source to Castr with 3 options:
- Publish: Stream directly from your hardware/software encoder to our RTMP entry points. To start, paste the RTMP URL and Streaming Key to your encoder.
- Pull: Castr can pull HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-TS streams from other sources. Paste the URL in Pull mode and your stream will appear in Castr.
Get streaming key and RTMP pull
In some cases, you may need to use a streaming key or an RTMP link to connect Castr to your video source.
To view the streaming key, click Show > copy the streaming key > paste it to your streaming software or publish destination
To get the RTMP pull, click Get RTMP Pull > paste it to your streaming software encoder (e.g. OBS, Streamlabs, etc.) or a publish destination that requires an RTMP URL.
You can sync chat messages from multiple platforms to Castr while streaming. To start:
1. Go to CHAT OVERLAY
2. Click Generate Chat URL
3. Copy the URL to the browser plugin of your encoding software, or click Open Chat App to open a new chat browser.