Create a new livestream
1. Log in to your Castr account
2. If you don’t have any streams created yet, click Add Stream > New Live Stream.
Note: If you’re on the 7-day trial period, click Activate Trial.
3. Under Stream Name, give a name to your stream
4. Under Hosting Region, choose the closest ingest region to your location.
For example, if you’re located in Brazil, choose South America. If you’re located in Chicago, choose US East.
5. Click Save. You’ll be directed to the livestream dashboard.
What’s in the livestream dashboard?
This is your control center of the livestream. Here you can find your stream key, configure your streaming software and encoder, get embed URL, and so on.
Once you start sending your stream to Castr, you’ll be able to see it live in the preview player.
Publish and Pull modes
- Publish: Stream directly from your hardware/software encoder to our RTMP entry points. To start, paste the RTMP URL and Streaming Key to your encoder.
- Pull: Castr can pull HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MPEG-TS streams from other sources. Paste the URL in Pull mode and your stream will appear in Castr.
Iframe and Embed URL
You can get the iframe and embed code and embed the player in any of your webpages.
View all traffic data received from your livestream.
Enable password protection, autoplay embed player, multi-bitrate transcoding, and Google Analytics integration. Here you can also get the embed snippet for chats, add a custom embed poster, and embed watermark.
Secure your content with password protection, geo/country-blocking, geo-country whitelisting, and domain whitelisting.