What is Castr?
Castr is a powerful and easy-to-use video streaming solution. With Castr, you can:
- Livestream: Livestream videos from your camera, mobile, tablet, or webcam.
- Multistream: Simultaneously stream to Facebook Pages and Groups, YouTube, Twitch, Periscope, and more than 30 other social media sites
- Stream IP camera: Embed and stream IP cameras to your own website or social media channels
- Host on-demand videos: Castr supports video-on-demand (VOD) streaming. You can stream videos on your own websites with no Castr branding.
- Schedule videos: Castr’s Scheduler feature lets you stream videos at a chosen time.
Castr is powered by Akamai and Fastly—two of the world’s most powerful content delivery networks (CDNs). These CDNs help us bring to you smooth video streaming experiences that are secured and with minimal delays.
Who is Castr for?
Castr is designed to be easy to use by everyone.
Content creators, businesses, and organizations from any backgrounds can livestream on our user-friendly dashboard. Most of our current users are from churches, TV broadcasters, sports broadcasters, game streaming, and educational institutions.
Plans and Pricing
Castr subscriptions range from $9.99 to $399.99 per month. We have various plans to fit different usages and budget allowances: Multistream, Livestream, Video hosting, and IP camera.
You have the option to make a subscription monthly or annually (up to 20% off). We also customized plans for enterprises. To learn more, visit our price guide.
Is Castr free?
All Castr plans are paid. However, you can try Castr free for 7 days. You’ll be able to explore all premium features of the highest subscription plan. Start free trial here
Do I need any additional tools to use with Castr?
You may need to install an encoder to connect your video source to Castr. Some common software encoders are Open Broadcasting Software (OBS), Streamlabs OBS (SLOBS), XSplit, vMix, Wirecast, etc. Learn more about these software encoder
Encoder not required:
- Livestream from computer screen, webcam, mobile, or tablet
- Multistream from computer screen, webcam, mobile, or tablet
- Livestream or multistream pre-recorded videos
- Livestream from an external camera or camcorder
- Multistream from an external camera or camcorder
- Capture audio while recording screen
- Do editing tasks (e.g. video and audio mixing, effects, transitions) while livestreaming
Browse all Castr’s resources on how-to guides, technical support, tips, and tricks.